The method in this guide helps guide you through the process of using the desktop version of MetaMask on your mobile device.
For the time being, it functions more reliably than the MetaMask Mobile app, especially with connecting to the block explorers. There are significantly fewer errors, and the only downside is that you must refresh the window that MetaMask is open in in order to receive prompts. Please do this at your own risk, as we are using third-party programs. If you prefer, you can also follow the video tutorial on YouTube.
1. If you are using an Android, navigate to the Play Store and install Kiwi Browser, or find it in the App Store on iOS.
2. Start the Kiwi Browser and navigate to https://metamask.io, then click to navigate to the Chrome extension page, and click "Add to Chrome"
3. Hit “OK” if you want to install the MetaMask Chrome Extension on the Kiwi Browser.
4. MetaMask should open up in a new tab. If it does not, hit the “More” button (the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser), and scroll down to MetaMask. Hit “Get Started” and hit either the “Import Wallet” button on the left if you want to import your existing wallet, or the “Create Wallet” button on the right to set up a new one. The buttons are cut off because it is meant to display in a full desktop window.
5. (Optional) If you would like to add other chains (e.g., Avalanche, Polygon, Fantom, HECO) head over to Chainlist.org, scroll down, and connect your wallet. If MetaMask does not automatically open a new tab in Kiwi to approve the connection, then click the “More” button in the top right and scroll down to start MetaMask (just like the previous step) to manually open it and approve the connection. Then, simply search for each of the chains you would like to add, and hit “Add to MetaMask”. The website will display an error message with each new chain, but head back over to your MetaMask tab, refresh it, and this should give you the prompt to add and switch networks. Simply search for each chain you want to add, and go back to the MetaMask tab and refresh the tab to add them.
6. Head on over to your preferred DEx (e.g., https://app.elk.finance/#/swap), hit “Connect Wallet”, then switch back to your MetaMask tab, pull down to refresh, and approve the connection. You will have to refresh the MetaMask tab every time you use your wallet to see the prompt (e.g., approving transactions, connecting to sites, interacting with a smart contract). This, in my opinion, is the only downside of this method. Otherwise, it functions exactly like a desktop wallet. I personally prefer to check “Desktop Site” to display all sites in desktop mode, but this is up to you.